Exploring Modern Africa
In today's activity, we will be learning more about
apartheid in South Africa.
there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads
that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could
be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
Visit the Africana Encyclopedia's Article on 'Apartheid'
2) Answer the following questions
1) What does "apartheid" mean?
2) When was it "systematized" into law?
3) What countries imposed sanctions upon South Africa in protest of
4) Who was responsible for the release of Nelson Mandela?
5) Does the picture at the top of the article (and shown below) remind
you of any images from American history?
6) Considering America's history of slavery and racism, and South
Africa's history of apartheid, do you think one country has shown more
racism than the other? Explain your answer.
Tips for Success
page was created by Sarah Hopper to complete the "Web
Dropin #2" assignment for SLM 521