Michelle White's Digital Portfolio
|Standard 1||Standard 2||Standard 3||Standard 4|
During the Spring 2007 semester, I completed my internship requirements for the school library media program at McDaniel College. I was placed at Forest Oak Middle School in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Mr. Michael Warner was my mentor school library media specialist, and I completed 70 of my hours at his school. My other 40 hours were completed at Strawberry Knoll Elementary School in Gaithersburg, Maryland with Mrs. Jennifer O'Halloran. While I was on academic leave, I also received several hours of on-the-job-training as a substitute teacher for school library media specialists throughout Montgomery County Public Schools.
MISSION AND VISION STATEMENTS
My mission for a school's library media program is to provide instruction, resources, and services that enable students and staff to think critically as they pursue and use ideas and information.
My vision for a school's library media program is to:
- create an inviting learning environment.
- maintain a diverse collection of resources that encourages further exploration of personal interests.
- foster a life-long appreciation of literature and information access through reading.
- provide support for the school community to effectively use a variety of technologies within the classroom and the media center.
- design an instructional program that is seamlessly integrated with the school's curriculum.
- establish collaborative partnerships with colleagues that promote the development of effective instructional resources.
- increase student achievement of curricular learning outcomes.
- encourage information literacy, independent learning, and socially responsible use of information.
founded in 1867 as Western Maryland College
Westminster, Maryland 21157-4390 USA
© McDaniel College. All rights reserved.