Center for Tolerance Education
Brooklyn, New York
ICTE seeks a dynamic individual to join the staff of an ambitious initiative in its start-up phase. The Third Millennium Foundation currently pursues its work through several initiatives including The International Center for Tolerance Education (ICTE). ICTE is a social laboratory dedicated to innovation in the field of tolerance education and human rights in DUMBO Brooklyn. Its goal is to create a critical mass of internationally diverse people and projects where collegiality and collaboration are the norm. The Center also features The Tolerance Commons, a gathering and conference space.
The Program Assistant will play an important role in ICTE's development in
this high-performance environment. Candidates should have experience working
in a team effort/office environment and be comfortable with technology. A strong
international perspective, comfort with a variety of people, and ability to
multi task is also important. This position is ideal for a creative, detail-oriented,
high energy team player. Salary is commensurate with experience.
* Serve as initial ICTE point-person for visitors and guest office staff;
* Serve as resource for foreign visitors and visiting scholars seeking to maximize their professional time at ICTE and in New York;
* Assist with management of day-to-day Center operations and core facilities;
* Assist with conferences and special events logistics;
* Provide orientation to Center facilities/infrastructure to wide variety of ICTE guests, visitors, and facilities users;
* Train and supervise interns;
* Assist with development of ICTE publications, website, and other resources;
* Spearhead management of Center schedules, databases, files, and etc.
* Assist with identifying, researching, and communicating with U.S. and non-U.S. organizations relevant to ICTE's mission.
Qualifications: B.A. required. Strong office skills and ability to multi-task essential. Must be very comfortable communicating with non-Americans in person and via email and the phone. A demonstrated commitment to one or more of ICTE's focus areas is very helpful, as is interest in non-profit management. Excellent oral and written communication skills; Self-motivated; Love of creating and maintaining order; Innovative, diligent, and flexible. Ability to speak multiple languages necessary. Foreign-born candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Computer experience: PC/Mac, with knowledge of MS Office and Excel; database
experience. Important to be comfortable quickly learning new technology, including
video teleconference systems, desktop publishing, and web page programs.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. We will begin selecting candidates to interview
No faxes or phone calls please.
International Center for Tolerance Education
An initiative of Third Millennium Foundation
25 Washington Street, 4th Floor Brooklyn, New York 11201