Instructional Lesson Plan
Subject: Science- The three states of matter and their properties.
Student Outcome: The student will be able to identify the three states of matter and their properties by exploring a web suite.
Prerequisites: Students should know what matter is and what the three states of matter are. Also, students should know how to safely use the internet.
Student Grouping: Individual is best, but may be grouped according computer availablity.
- The teacher and students will review what matter is and what the three states of matter are.
- The teacher will use the outcome to introduce the lesson.
- Have children sit at their computers. Each student should have a pen.
- Pass out the student worksheet to be completed as the students explore this web suite.
- Students will explore this web suite and complete the worksheet.
Assessment: Students will check to see if their answers are correct.
Closing: Teacher and students will review the different properties of matter.
Any questions or comments? Email me at
Last updated January 29, 2000